Speed Your SaaS Deployments with Pulumi and Fylamynt
With Pulumi and Fylamynt’s low-code automation platform, you can easily customize your workflows on a secure platform to automate everyday tasks.
A lot of common cloud infrastructure maintenance tasks are repetitive and just plain tedious when you have to do it manually. So why not outsource these tedious tasks to automation?
Like Terraform, Pulumi enables you to create, deploy, and manage infrastructure as code on any cloud. But unlike Terraform, which requires learning a custom programming language, you can accomplish the same tasks with Pulumi using familiar, general purpose languages and tools.
With Pulumi and Fylamynt’s low-code automation platform, you can easily customize your workflows on a secure platform to automate everyday tasks such as publishing a website from an S3 bucket and getting notified about the job completion via Slack. The example workflow below automates the following tasks:
- Pulumi_Up: Use a pre-defined Pulumi project file, either stored in GitHub or an S3 bucket, for example, to publish a website from an S3 bucket.
- WaitForResource: Waits for the Pulumi command to complete and for the appearance of a log file in a pre-defined S3 bucket.
- Pulumi_Stack_Output: Runs the `pulumi stack output` for the same project to obtain the state of the Pulumi stack.
- WaitForResource: Waits for the asynchronous command to terminate again.
- Read_Key: Reads the contents of the log file from the previous step.
- Conditional: This conditional rule evaluates whether the first step was successful based on the contents of the log file.
- Slack_Send_Message: If the workflow ran successfully, a Slack notification is sent to the responsible cloud architect.
- Jira_Create_Issue: If the workflow fails for any reason, a JIRA ticket is created.
The cloud architect can then execute the next set of actions using a state management workflow in Fylamynt or track progress on the JIRA issue.
As you can see, with this standardized, automated process, Fylamynt orchestrates the data/state flows from Pulumi tasks to Splunk and JIRA as appropriate, streamlining end-to-end SaaS deployments.
With just this one workflow run, you eliminated multiple manual steps. Think of the efficiency gains if you were to perform this same workflow dozens of times over weeks and months.