We are looking for a Backend Software Engineer to join our Engineering team to develop the MVP of our first product. We’re looking for someone who is a hands-on developer with rich experience in building backend services for Web applications. Ideally, this person should have experience in enterprise application development, Web services frameworks, and REST APIs. They must be competent working in an agile environment with little supervision.
- Be able to understand given functional requirements and service design specifications.
- Develop one or more backend services or API Gateway for our Web application platform.
- Design and develop necessary tests and test-automation suites.
- Follow software development methodologies in an agile environment.
- Follow design principals and best practices to ensure software performance and scalability.
- Provide ongoing support and improvement of the developed products and platforms.
- Debug and fix problems identified in testing or reported from the field.
- Follow directions from the project manager, give status updates, and provide feedback.
- Collaborate with other engineers on the team to improve the quality of the solutions and apply best practices as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in computer science or related fields.
- 3-5 years of experience in backend enterprise application development.
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Experience in Scrum/Agile development methods and project management tools like Jira.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Hands-on experience with the following software/tools is desired:
- Proficient in one or more modern programming languages, like Python, Go, Java, etc.
- Experience in designing and implementing databases supporting a backend service.
- Experience with building and testing application services with REST APIs.
- Experience with CI/CD automation frameworks like Jenkins.
- Experience in using code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Experience with deploying and running applications in cloud environments such as AWS.
Familiarity with the following technologies is strongly preferred:
- Experience with building and running applications as microservices in Docker containers.
- Experience using cluster orchestration frameworks such as Kubernetes.
- Experience using monitoring tools like CloudWatch, Prometheus, Datadog, or ELK stack.
- Experience building serverless applications using AWS Lambda, API Gateway, or certain serverless frameworks.
- DevOps experience in managing and supporting Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications using cloud provider APIs or CLIs.
Contact us at email@example.com, if you are interested.