We are looking for a Backend Software Engineer to join our Engineering team to develop our enterprise SaaS product. Ideally, this person should be a hands-on developer with rich experience in building scalable backend services for Web applications, backed by a solid understanding of distributed systems, Web services architecture, and REST APIs.
- Be able to understand given functional requirements for new services and features.
- Can come up with system architecture and component-level designs based on PRDs.
- Implement backend services or API endpoints for our Web application platform.
- Develop automated unit and integration tests for new features and API endpoints.
- Follow software development methodologies in an agile environment.
- Follow design principles and best practices to ensure software performance and scalability.
- Provide ongoing support and improvement of the developed products and platforms.
- Debug and fix problems identified in automated testing or reported from the field.
- Work closely with product and engineering leadership and deliver features on time.
- Collaborate with other engineers, provide quality code reviews, solicit and give feedback proactively.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in computer science or related fields.
- 3+ years of experience in backend enterprise application development.
- Proficient in Python.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Hands-on experience with the following software/tools is desired:
- Building and testing application services with REST APIs.
- Designing, implementing, or building on top of backend SQL or NoSQL databases.
- Building integration with third-party services with authentication.
- Deploying and running applications in public clouds such as AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- CI/CD automation frameworks such as CircleCI, Jenkins.
Familiarity with the following technologies is strongly preferred:
- AWS Lambda, API Gateway, or serverless frameworks.
- Container platforms and cluster orchestration frameworks such as Kubernetes.
- Cloud native applications and microservices architecture.
- Infrastructure-as-code tools like Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Pulumi.
- Role-based access control (RBAC) policies and implementation.
- Understanding information security and implementing security features.
- Monitoring/logging tools like CloudWatch, Datadog, Prometheus, Splunk, or ELK.
Contact us at email@example.com, if you are interested.